TOUR GLENWOOD SPRINGS AT A LEISURELY PACE
Lin Hark & Richard Giesler
July 12-17, 2015
Imagine 5 days in Glenwood Springs away from the holiday and weekend crowds with leisurely distances and paces ride options, flat to railroad grade ride options along beautiful rivers and canyons, lounging in the hot tub or Hot Springs Pool, or sunning by the pool with non riding spouses/partners welcome.
Double occupancy cost will be $400 per person for 5 nights. Due date for payment of $160 to hold your spot, with forms mailed, is 4/1/15; remaining $240 due by 5/01/15. Space is first come, first served, so post date your check to 4/1/15 and mail the forms and check today. Funds are transferable but not refundable. Please send your check, made out to Lin Hark with the DBTC tour forms (www.dbtc.org/Default. aspx?pageId=1568909) to: Lin Hark, 4889 Forest Hill Road, Evergreen, CO 80439. Please indicate your preferred roommate.
We will be staying at a Glenwood Springs motel with continental breakfast, bicycles okay inside, microwave oven and small fridge in rooms, pool and hot tub near bike routes to the bike path. We can walk or ride to restaurants and stores. Choose any or all of the following day rides and distance options.
- Monday: leisurely bike along the Colorado River 7 miles from No Name Rest Area to Hanging Lake Trailhead with optional hike up to beautiful Hanging Lake, then ride 7 miles back.
- Tuesday, ride the Rio Grand Trail from Woody Creek Tavern to Aspen for lunch; 18-20 miles round trip.
- Wednesday is free day to choose (or not) from rafting the Colorado River, soaking in the Hot Springs Pool or Yampah Vapor Caves or spelunking in Glenwood Caverns (cost of these options not included).
- Thursday we will ride from Carbondale to Redstone; 33 miles with a 20 mile option to see the Coke Ovens and stop for ice cream and snacks.
- Friday, ride the entire bike path along the Colorado River in Glenwood Canyon; 36 miles or any shorter option.
Lin Hark and Richard Gieseler are planning this fun, no-stress, out of town tour to one of everyone’s favorite places without the hassle of a long weekend. Continental breakfast, hot tub, pool, happy hours (BYOB), Get-to-know-each- other Dinner, included. This trip is limited to twenty club members so mail your forms and post dated check to Lin Hark soon to hold your spot for this classic fun ride. Email Lin, mtnlin08@gmail. com, with any questions.